Friday, November 8, 2013

Don't get too excited

This is not an official blog for the Croatan 24 race.

I'm just a another aging runner schlub with arthritic knees and a sometimes talented ultra runner wife who will be running the 2013 edition of the Croatan 24 Race. My other blog is at  http://www.running-down.com/.

I heard this quote somewhere:
If you can't play sports, then run
If you can't run, then run far.
The last 7 marathons I have signed up for have been failures. So I guess it is time to "run far".
This is my first serious foray into the world of Ultras. I've done a few short ones (40 milers) but those were really just extended marathons, not something that literally takes all day.

I'll post some photos and give some banal observations as long as my phone battery and coffee hold out.
Don't expect too much. This is just something for me to do after my legs fall apart 2 hours into the race.